What is Sewage Damage Remediation?
We don’t think about it, but sewage is part of our everyday lives and regularly makes its way through the pipes in our homes and beneath our streets. So long as our plumbing systems are functioning properly, we don’t have to come in contact with sewage. When a plumbing failure does happen and sewage makes its way into our homes, it can be disastrous. The sewage causes immediate damage by staining property. The moisture can further damage property. But the biggest threat is to your health from the sheer amount of bacteria, viruses, fungi, chemicals, and other pathogens in sewage.
Sewage damage remediation services involve much more than removing visible sewage. The work must be done by experts who are trained in applied microbial remediation, health and safety, water damage restoration, structural drying, and odor control.
Call for Sewage Damage Services Immediately
We can’t emphasize how important it is that you leave sewage cleanup to the professionals. The numerous pathogens found in sewage can pose an immediate health risk. Even if you don’t directly come in contact with the sewage, it can still cause harm as many of the pathogens in the sewage may become airborne. The IICRC sewage remediation experts at Pasadena CA Water Damage wear respirators, goggles, and waterproof suits to ensure their safety. Further, they are kept up to date on vaccinations for sewage-borne illnesses like Hepatitis B.
If your home or business has been flooded with sewage, chances are that you will need to dispose of some of your property. Porous materials, such as carpet padding and drywall, will almost always need to be removed and safely disposed of according to California law. It is better to dispose of these items than risk cross contamination. By calling for professional sewage damage services immediately after contamination, you will be able to prevent further contamination and reduce the amount of damages. Further, it is important to take steps to control moisture after sewage contamination or else mold can grow on surfaces throughout the entire room – even surfaces which were originally uncontaminated.
If you experience sewage damage:
- Do not attempt to clean up the sewage yourself!
- Call Pasadena CA Water Damage immediately (626) 817-6718
- Keep all people and pets away from the sewage contaminated area
- Leave all items in the sewage put. Do not attempt to remove them. This will just spread the contamination to other areas.
- Do not use any plumbing fixtures (including toilets, sinks, and showers).
- Do not enter the basement if water levels have reached any plug or electrical appliance. If water levels are not this high, then you may put on rubber boots to enter the basement and shut off the electricity for the contaminated area. You must be standing on something dry while shutting off the electricity. When in doubt, have a professional do this for you.
- You may immediately add small amounts of chlorine bleach to standing water. Remember never to mix ammonia and bleach.
- Take photos for an insurance claim. Call your insurance company to begin the claims process.
Pasadena CA Sewage Damage Restoration Services
When you choose us for sewage damage services in Pasadena, you can rest assured that you are getting the best services available. All of our team members are IICRC certified and they carry the additional certifications required for properly dealing with sewage, including Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT), Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASDT), Building Moisture Thermography (BMT), and Health and Safety Technician (HST).
Sewage damage requires a prompt response. We have teams on call 24/7 and can generally be at your Pasadena home within 30 minutes of your call. For large cases and commercial sewage damage, we can dispatch additional teams to get the situation contained and treated as quickly as possible. We have invested in the most advanced sewage treatment and wet-to-dry technologies, which means we are able to get your home or business back to normal within a matter of days instead of weeks.
To help you through this ordeal, we offer comprehensive customer service which includes insurance coordination. Our technicians are friendly, courteous, and will treat you and your property with respect. With our help, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your home will be restored and clean with as little stress and expense as possible.
Contact us at (626) 817-6718. We are happy to answer any of your questions and can have a team of sewage damage experts to your home or business within 30 minutes to start the sewage damage mitigation process.